COVID Recipes to Help with Recovery
COVID robs many of taste and smell. I know. COVID found me and along with the muscle aches, fever and congestion, I lost my sense of taste and smell.
I used my skills as a cooking teacher, recipe developer, and registered dietitian and put them in this cookbook. Solutions that people with COVID (and their caregivers want). Without the triggers of smell and taste, appetite often is diminished. If you don’t feel hungry or aren’t interested in eating, you may lose weight and muscle mass. But to recover, you need nourishment to gain strength and rebuild muscle.
This book is about delish and nutrish. Even though you may go through the motions of eating but there’s just little pleasure in it. This book is dedicated to those of you recovering from COVID and trying to learn how to eat when food isn’t enjoyable.
- Full color with ebook
- 12 nourishing, creative recipes
- Focus on protein and fiber to help with recovery
- Colorful photos of each recipe
- Easy to follow instructions
- Most recipes take from 5 minutes to 30 minutes, so these recipes are quick. Oh, wait, the baked chicken takes longer, but it’s in the oven baking and this is a make once, eat 3 or 4 times kind of recipe.
- Lots of flavor booster suggestions
- COVID-related tips for health and wellness
Recipes in the cookbook
For many COVID victims, the tastebuds still engage. That means that the receptors on our tongue may let us taste sweet, sour, salty, and bitter. I used strong flavors in several recipes to see if I can generate some flavor for you. Find food suggestions here to see if anything sounds good. It may not taste good, but fingers crossed that will come.
- Quick and Easy Food Solutions (the exact things I ate when I was hi t hard by COVID)
- Chai Latte
- Berry Banana Smoothie
- Peanut Asian Rice Bowl
- Greek Salad
- Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal
- Lemon Baked Chicken
- Salmon with Caramelized Grapes
- Pineapple Banana Salad
- Egg and Cheese Sandwich
- Sardine Sandwich
- Apple Nachos
- Chicken Vegetable Soup
- Flavor Boosters
Along with the pain and uncertainty of the virus, many COVID patients struggle with constipation, weight loss, and reduced appetite, so I included tips to help.
Be sure to check out my other resources!