When you’re struggling with things to do with eggs and cheese, stir in leftover pasta to make an easy recipe for breakfast or dinner.
When you open the fridge and see eggs and cheese, you’ve got a meal. Even better if you have some leftover pasta. Egg and cheese pasta may sound simple and boring.
Simple? Yes! Boring? Not a chance.
Check out more recipes and tips to use what you have on hand and reduce food waste.
This recipe is quick to make and costs just pennies. I love that, too! Needless to say, this is a favorite at my house. I’ve used linguini in this recipe, but don’t let the shape stop you. Spaghetti, penne, macaroni… they all work.
It’s a takeoff on a classic Carbonara – the Italian dish of spaghetti with a cream-egg-Parmesan cheese-bacon sauce. You can make that, too, if that’s what your leftovers look like, but this is the lightened up version.
How to make Egg and Cheese Pasta
Protein-packed eggs and cheese give this dish staying power. The pasta carbs give you a shot of energy. All together you have a dish that will keep you fueled for a few hours.
- Mix the eggs, water and red pepper flakes in a bowl until they’re, well, all mixed up.
- Heat butter, oil, and smashed garlic clove.
- Add eggs, stirring gently. When they’re starting to set, add cooked pasta.
- Sprinkle cheese and black pepper.
Bump up this easy pasta recipe with:
- flavorful cheese. I use Parmesan, but Romano, or goat cheese are possibilities.
- vegetables. Sautéed asparagus, spinach, mushrooms, or cherry tomatoes.
- marinara. If you have leftover sauce, stir that in too.
- anchovies. Add 2-3 anchovies to the butter and oil for a favor boost. Honestly, my mouth is watering as I write this 😉
Pin it for later!
This post contains affiliate links. That means if you click on a link and make a purchase, I may make a small commission. This does not affect the price you pay but helps fund the website.Print
Easy, quick and inexpensive eggs and pasta recipe
Repurpose leftover pasta with eggs and cheese. Delish, nutrish and economical. You may start making extra pasta just so you can enjoy egg and cheese pasta.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: stove
- Cuisine: Italian
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, bruised
- 6 eggs, beaten until uniform
- 1 teaspoon water
- dash crushed red pepper flakes
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups cooked pasta
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- In a separate bowl, stir the eggs, water, and red pepper flakes together.
- Add butter and olive oil to a non-stick pan. Heat over medium-low heat until the butter melts. Swirl the oil and butter together.
- When the oil is hot, add the garlic cloves. Pour in the eggs. Gently stir them as they cook. As the eggs start to firm up, add the pasta. Stir to coat the pasta. Sprinkle in cheese and black pepper. Continue to cook until pasta is heated and eggs are cooked to your preferred doneness.
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 325
Keywords: leftover pasta, how to make scrambled eggs and pasta, what to do with leftover noodles